Unlock the transformative properties of Ashwagandha Powder, a potent adaptogenic herb revered for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine. Our premium Ashwagandha Powder is meticulously sourced and processed to preserve its natural goodness, providing you with a high-quality product to support your overall well-being. Ashwagandha, scientifically known as Withania somnifera, is renowned for its adaptogenic properties. Adaptogens are natural substances that help the body adapt to and manage stress, promoting a sense of calm and balance. Ashwagandha has been traditionally used to support the body’s resilience and help combat the effects of physical, mental, and emotional stress.
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha, also called Withania somnifera, is an evergreen plant that grows in India, the Middle East, and parts of Africa.
It plays a predominant role in the Ayurvedic Indian system of medicine (where it is consumed in a fine powder mixed with water or honey)
What are the benefits of Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is considered to be a natural adaptogen (a plant with the property of relaxing you and boosting your energies). Ashwagandha might have a calming effect on the mind and help your resilience to sport and stress, leading to a more relaxed lifestyle. Beyond stress relief, Ashwagandha offers a range of additional health benefits. It enhances cognitive function, support healthy immune function, and promote a healthy inflammatory response. Ashwagandha has also been studied for its potential in supporting healthy sleep patterns, promoting vitality, and supporting reproductive health.
Stacking Ashwagandha Powder
Ashwagandha and Rhodiola Rosea are both two powerful adaptogenic herbs: try this stacking solution to support your normal resistance to stress.*
- Manchanda S, Mishra R, Singh R, Kaur T, Kaur G. Aqueous Leaf Extract of Withania somnifera as a Potential Neuroprotective Agent in Sleep-deprived Rats: a Mechanistic Study. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54(4):3050-3061. doi:10.1007/s12035-016-9883-5
- Wankhede S, Langade D, Joshi K, Sinha SR, Bhattacharyya S. Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015;12:43. Published 2015 Nov 25. doi:10.1186/s12970-015-0104-9
- Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012;34(3):255-262. doi:10.4103/0253-7176.106022
- Sandhu JS, Shah B, Shenoy S, Chauhan S, Lavekar GS, Padhi MM. Effects of Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) and Terminalia arjuna (Arjuna) on physical performance and cardiorespiratory endurance in healthy young adults. Int J Ayurveda Res. 2010;1(3):144-149. doi:10.4103/0974-7788.72485
*These health claims are pending European approval.
Ashwagandha Powder Usage Guidelines
Dosage per day: 500 – 1000 mg
This product is not a substitute for a varied diet.
Keep out of reach of young children.
Do not exceed the recommended dose.
Ashwagandha root extract, cellulose (vegetarian capsules)
Individuals from the following groups and/or any other groups at risk should consult with a doctor prior to taking this or any other medication:
- Pregnancy or lactating women
- Children under the age of 12
- Individuals with kidney problems
- Individuals with heart and/or blood pressure problems
- Immunocompromised individuals
- Do not exceed the recommended dose
- Keep out of reach of children
- Store in cool dark conditions
- Do not consume past the expiry date
- Suitable for vegans/vegetarians
What are Nootropics?
Nootropics are brain-boosters: Supplements that help to improve cognitive performance and brain wellness. Nootropics enhance memory, focus, attention, motivation, relaxation, mood, alertness, stress resistance and more. We have a wide range of Nootropics products. Please visit our Nootropics section to discover more.