Vitamin B 12 1000mcg
Vitamin B 12 1000mcg is a high-potency supplement designed to provide you with the essential benefits of vitamin B12. This crucial vitamin plays a key role in various bodily functions, particularly in energy production, metabolism, and overall well-being. As an essential nutrient, B12 is necessary for the formation of red blood cells and the proper functioning of the nervous system. It aids in converting food into energy, supporting healthy metabolism and the efficient utilization of nutrients.
Our B12 1000mcg capsules offer a convenient and reliable way to ensure you meet your daily B12 requirements. With each capsule containing 1000mcg of vitamin B12, you can achieve optimal levels of this vital nutrient. Our high-potency formula ensures maximum absorption and utilization by the body.
What are B12 Vitamins?
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that is present in some foods and widely available as a dietary supplement. The body requires it for the optimal development, function and myelination of the nervous system, DNA synthesis, and healthy red blood cell formation.
Vitamin B 12 1000mcg Benefits
Vitamin B12 contains the essential trace mineral cobalt, leading to the use of the name “cobalamins” for compounds containing vitamin B12. The body first uses cobalt to absorb B12, making it an essential component of the supplementation process. Cobalt is also required to produce hemoglobin (red blood cells) in addition to ensuring the nervous system runs smoothly through the creation of a myelin sheath – a protective, fatty coating surrounding nerve fibers.
Vitamin B12 deficiency is relatively common, especially among older people and individuals on vegan/vegetarian diets that do not contain adequate amounts of B12-rich animal foods. In addition, individuals that have undertaken weight loss surgery are also at risk due to changes resulting during the operation that harm the mechanism used by the body to extract vitamin B12 from food.
Signs of low vitamin B12 or vitamin B12 deficiency include:
- Abnormal sensory sensations
- Tingling in hands, feet, and legs
- Troubles with walking, balance problems
- Inflamed and/or swollen tongue
- Cognitive problems, difficulty thinking, inability to reason, memory loss
- Weakness and/or fatigue
B12 dosage recommendations vary widely according to age, sex, and current condition. The US National Institute of Health recommends the following dietary allowances:
|0.4 – 0.5 mcg
|0.9 – 1.2 mcg
|2.6 – 2.8 mcg
Vitamin B12 Side Effects
Vitamin B12 is considered to be generally safe. Some side effects may occur with extremely high doses that include:
- Fatigue or weakness
- Tingling sensation in hands and feet
- Nausea and vomiting
Cellulose, s0-vega capsule, zinc citrate, anti-caking agent, (vegetarian magnesium stearate), anti-caking agent (silica)
Vitamin B12 Contraindications:
User discretion is advised. Individuals from the following groups and/or any other groups with health risks should consult with a doctor prior to taking this or any other medication. :
- Pregnancy or lactating women
- Children under the age of 12
- Individuals with kidney problems
- Individuals with heart and/or blood pressure problems
- Immunocompromised individuals
- Do not exceed the recommended dose
- Keep out of reach of children
- Store in cool dark conditions
- Do not consume past the expiry date
- Suitable for vegans/vegetarians
- This product and its statements have not been evaluated by the FDA or any other regulatory body
- This product is a dietary supplement and is not a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and/or healthy lifestyle
What are Nootropics?
Nootropics are brain-boosters: Supplements that help to improve cognitive performance and brain wellness. Nootropics enhance memory, focus, attention, motivation, relaxation, mood, alertness, stress resistance and more. We have a wide range of Nootropics products. Please visit our Nootropics section to discover more.